Department for International Development (DFID)
Deadline of this Job:
4:30pm on Friday 13th July, 2012
The Department for International Development (DFID) is leading the British government’s fight against world poverty. Our client DFID Uganda seeks to recruit a dynamic, experienced and adaptable individual to join its country team.
DFID Uganda is seeking a resourceful, experienced professional to fill the following job vacancy
Job Title: Executive Assistant/Communications Assistant – Kampala
Reports to: Head of Office and the Communications Manager. Job Purpose: To support the Head of Office and Communications Manager with a full range of executive administrative duties in order to maintain the smooth operations of these functions. Main Responsibilities:
· Management of the Head of Office’s diary.
· Draft, type and dispatch correspondence on behalf of the Head of Office.
· Manage classified documents and information.
· Coordinate, travel requirements, hotel and flight reservations.
· Coordinate logistics for in-country duty visits.
· Manage official expenditures and claims for the Head of Office.
· Efficiently coordinate internal/external meetings and official events.
· Manage the Corporate Management Calendar
· Quarterly update of key documents on the intranet.
· Ensure timely response to correspondences.
· Coordinate Internal communications.
· Identify communications opportunities for DFID Uganda.
· Respond to request from the Strategic communications team in the UK.
· Provide cover for the Communications and Transparency Manager,
· Monitor the media for any coverage relating to DFID’s work in Uganda.
· A first Degree in Social Sciences. Secretarial Studies. Business Administration or equivalent.
· A minimum of 5 years' work experience in an Executive Assistant or Communications rote.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent keyboard skills
· Excellent Planning and Organizational skills
· Good Interpersonal skills
· Ability to liaise effectively with high level external contacts.
· Ability to work efficiently under minimum supervision.
· Ability to take on delegated duties.
· Ability to work under pressure.
DFID Key Competencies:
· Planning and Delivery of Work.
· Analysis and use of information.
· Communicating with Others
· Working with Others.
· Decision Making,
Job application procedure
DFID is an accredited investor in people and is committed to supporting its staff to achieve their maximum potential and will provide opportunities for personal and professional development for the successful candidate, along with an attractive remuneration package. The work environment is dynamic and busy but pleasant.
DFID is an equal opportunities employer and would welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of religious belief, sex, race, sexual orientation, age or disability
For more information about this vacancy and the work of DFID In Uganda visit http://www.dfid.gov.uk/Work-with-us/Working-for-DFID/Jobs/
· To apply please fill in the application form and the Positive Action Approach form which are available on the DFID Uganda website mentioned above
· The completed forms must be submitted together With typed copies of the applicant’s CV with the names and contact information of 3 work related referees
· Hand-deliver the application to the aikan offices or email them as attachments to infojaalkanhr.com (Attachments may not fill more than 2 MB).
· Closing date for submission is 4:30pm on Friday 13th July, 2012
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs advertised in June
Monday, July 2, 2012
Executive Assistant Job at Department for International Development (DFID) - Employment Opportunity in Uganda
Labels: International Agencies